Sunday 18 January 2015

Review: GLAMGLOW POWERMUD

Review: GLAMGLOW POWERMUD Dualcleanse Treatment
Scent: Kinda apple-y
Price: $21/0.5oz $76/1.7oz CAD (I got a sample at Sephora)
Where to buy: Sephora in Canada
Time: 5-10 minutes (I went for the ten)

How did it feel on?




It went on smooth and it was tingly in a not-unpleasant but not quite pleasant way, the best way to describe it would be a bit stingy or sting-ly (stingy and tingly). It dried leaving the face with that elmers glue, tight kinda feeling that we all know and love.

On to the review...

The mask is light and dries kind of clear

I have been incredibly sick lately and my skin is reflecting it, I am currently battling a case of bronchitis so bad that it's threatening to develop into pneumonia, and that the coughing has been so bad I actually pulled a muscle in my neck as I found out in a fun ER visit the other day. Like I said my skin is definitely showing how sick I am and it's not pleasant (pardon the pictures in this post if they frighten you hehe). So I decided this was the perfect opportunity to test out and review a sample I had of the GLAMGLOW powermud mask which is the one that comes in the green bin.

First off I have to say I didn't believe the hype about these masks, I mean really $76 for a mask? But I think I am kinda sold on this one. As the mask dried I noticed there were dark spots appearing all over my face where I had blackheads or other acne going on, at first I just figured this was the mask being a bit thicker in spots and drying into little balls but when I rinsed I decided otherwise, it actually pulled all of the blackheads from my skin.
The mask was actually pulling out the impurities... badass.

The mask says it is mud to oil but in my experience it was more like mud to gone, there was no real transition into oil but maybe I rinsed with too much water, who knows? It's not really a complaint so much as an observation. My face did feel a little residue-y afterwards and I just washed it with my regular cleanser and then when my face was dry I finally looked closely, not a single blackhead to be found and my skin is smoother and more even than it has been in weeks. I still have some acne, which obviously one use of a mask isn't going to fix but even that is less inflamed and somewhat diminished.

The after effects, I'm wearing a top I swear
All in all it is probably one of the best masks I have tried, and I have tried a few. I have samples of some of the other GLAMGLOW masks and I am going to try them in the upcoming weeks, probably once a week, and let you know my experiences with them. And at the end I will compare the ones I have tried.

I hope this review was informative and helpful. Will I buy it? Maybe? Not the fullsize no, I just can't see myself paying that much all at once for a mask. But Sephora does carry a 0.5oz of this particular mask for $21 CAD which is much more manageable as a treat to myself.

See you next time!

xoxoxo

Alex~


3 comments:

  1. I love the GlamGlow masks! I did notice that mine didn't transition to oil much either, but did get slightly more cleansery by just barely dampening the pads of my fingers. Rinsed off super easy after too. Definitely had a noticeable difference. I live for when the sephora has the little sachet packets of these as their sample foils. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try with less water next time I try it, wasn't a super big deal since I washed my face after the fact anyway because of that residue I found it left. Now I just have to decide, blue mask or black mask next?

      Delete
    2. Ooh, that's a tough decision! Though at least it's a fairly win-win situation. I'm pretty fond of both of them.

      Delete