Thursday 20 November 2014

Tutorial? Review? All of the above?



Okay so let's talk about the products a bit.

Elizabeth Mott 'Tints & Sass' $22.99 USD 0.35oz/10g 

The link above it where you can buy it. The Tints & Sass has kind of a gel consistency and it smells like sweet artificial cherry. It is quite pigmented and needs to be applied evenly or it will streak. That having been said it is quite easy to work with. On the rare occasion I reach for a tint this tends to be the one I go for. The only negative is I can't seem to find anywhere that sells it aside from the Elizabeth Mott website whereas you can pick up Benefit products at Shoppers Drug Mart (The main chain drug store in Ontario).

Benefit Cosmetics 'Benetint'  $30 USD 0.4oz/12.4ml

As with the other the link above is where you can get it. Benetint has quite a watery consistency and I find that it takes quite a bit to get the effect I want. Now I will admit I own the small trial size of benetint and it is possible that there is a different formula to the full size, though that probably isn't the case. The smell is just of perfumed makeup, not bad, just clearly cosmetic. You do have to work in thin layers with this product which does make it harder to over apply it. It is also much more readily available and in general I love Benefit products. This is the only one so far that I haven't adored.


Verdict?
I like Tints & Sass better, I haven't tried the other tints from Benefit so I can't weigh in on them but between these two Tints & Sass wins.

Hope this post was informative and helpful!

See you next time!

xoxoxo

~Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment