Sunday 1 March 2015

31 Days of Beauty -- Day 1

31 Days of Beauty Day 1

Daily Makeup Products
Source


Welcome to the first day of the 31 Days of Beauty tag that I am doing for March. Today we are going to be talking about my daily makeup products, the things that I use pretty much every day that I wear makeup. I think the easiest way to tackle this is going to be by category, so lets just dive right in!



Primer- This one is a tough one because I still haven't found that holy grail primer so I just sort of grab one of my primers at random. But If I had to guess I would say I think I reach for the Porefessional by Benefit the most often. It doesn't meet all of my needs but it does find it's way onto my face quite often.

Foundation- My current daily foundation would be the Kat Von D Tattoo Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in Light 45. It's a pretty full coverage foundation and is quite matte which tends to be the look I go for.

Concealer- I've been using Rimmel Match Perfection in 125 Fair as my daily concealer. There isn't a lot to say about it really, it does what it's supposed to do but it does crease, I am still searching for a concealer that I love more. I actually have my eye on some Nars.

Powder- My daily powder is Rimmel London's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Transparent. I have been using this for years and I absolutely love it. I have probably bought upwards of 4 of these over the years and I recommend this for everyone from beginners to pros.

Blush- I do try to switch up my blush quite a bit but I do reach for my Tarte blush in magic the most right now. Sadly this shade isn't in the permanent collection so once I run out it's just done, so hopefully I can find a dupe before that happens.

Bronzer- My everyday bronzer is the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. It's holy grail status and I am not going to go too much into it as I am sure you will see it again this month.

Highlight- This is a weird category because my daily highlight is only my daily by virtue of being the only powder highlight that I own, and that would be the Essence Bloom Me Up Shimmer Powder. It's super subtle and it leaves a nice light highlight. I really do need to get more powder highlights to play with though because I don't tend to reach for liquid highlights and those are the majority of what I own.

Eye shadow- I don't have one specific set of shadows I use daily I really do use something different every day. I make a point of not keeping any shadows in my 'daily makeup' drawer of my makeup storage so that I have to look through and decide on something different every day.

Eyebrows- There are two products I use daily for my brows and they are the Sephora Retractable brow pencil in 02 nutmeg brown and the Essence lash and brow gel mascara. The gel isn't ideal but it does it's job. I love the pencil but wish it had a spoolie end instead of the weird hard plastic comb it does have.

Mascara- I currently have two sample size mascara's that I am bouncing back and forth between as my most used daily mascara's the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes and the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. I love them both and they both create different looks on me so I use them about equally.

Eyeliner- I don't have a specific eyeliner that I reach for daily, it totally depends on what I am doing with my eyes, and eyeliner is one of those areas where I haven't really played around to find a perfect daily no thinking product.


So there is day1 down! I hope you guys enjoyed this peek into my daily makeup! Thank you again to Priyanka over at Glamour & Giggles for creating this, remember to go check her out.

I'll see you next time!

Alex


xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment