Wednesday 4 March 2015

31 Days of Beauty -- Day 4

31 Days of Beauty Day 4
Favourite Primer

source


Welcome to day 4 of 31 days of beauty. Thank you again to Priyanka over at Glamour & Giggles for coming up with this idea!

Today we are going to be talking about primer. I don't have a holy grail perfect primer but I do have one or two that I guess would count as favourites at the moment. I'm going to share two face primers that I reach for regularly and two different eye primers as well.



First let's talk about The Porefessional by Benefit. It is a pore minimizing primer and I do have issues with some larger pores especially around my nose. I don't feel like all foundations necessarily hold onto it though, some of them really kind of slide around on it which is not cute.



My Second facial primer is That Gal by Benefit. I haven't really gotten to play around with a lot of different brands primers other than Benefit but that's okay because the ones I have tried from them have been fairly good. This one is a brightening primer and it has a pink tone to it which evens out my skin quite a bit which makes me love it in the winter. I also find that my foundations tend to apply better over this primer than they do over The Porefessional which makes me love this one just a tiny bit more.

On to eye primers!



Sticking with the Benefit theme the first one I am going to talk about is Stay don't Stray by you guessed it, Benefit. I do really like this primer it's nice and neutralizing on my lids and the shadow sticks to it more or less which is really the most I can ask for out of a primer.



The second eye shadow primer is a cult favourite and it's the original Urban Decay Primer Potion. I'm kinda late to the game on this one, I hadn't tried it until last August when I got my Ammo palette, but I love it. Eye shadow sticks to it, like it is supposed to and it's not super heavy, the only thing I wish, is that it was more pigmented. I'm thinking of picking up a MAC paint pot to try and see if that helps at all.

So that's all I have to say about primers.

I'll see you next time!

Alex


xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment